How Waterway® uses and protects your information.
Last Updated: 05/04/2022
Waterway Gas & Wash Company, a Missouri corporation (“Waterway,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a provider of car wash services and fuel for automobiles.
From time to time, we may change this Policy. We will post updates to this Policy on the Site.
- What We Collect and How We May Use It
Information Collected Directly From You
We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us through your use of the Site. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
- When you create an account on our Site, you will provide us with your name and email address. You will also create a username and password for future logins.
- To sign up for a discount card, you will provide us with your name, physical address, phone number, and email address.
- If you are a student or educator, you can sign up for our Perk Program. You will provide us with your name, physical address, phone number, email address, and educational information.
- To apply for a job with us, you will provide us with your name, phone number, email address, education information, employment information, and any other information you may choose to provide us with.
- To contact us through the Site, you will provide us with your name, email address, and any other information you may choose to provide us with.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect information related to how you arrived to the Site, the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site. We also collect your device information such as your hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP address, and whether you access the Site via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
Third Party Information
In some cases, we may receive Personally Identifiable Information from you about a third party. For example, to create an account you can provide the name and email address of a third party. If you submit any Personally Identifiable Information about another individual to us, you are responsible for making sure that you have the authority to do so and to allow us to use their Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. We may also use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Process your online orders;
- Open an online account at your request, or validate your access to the account;
- Personalize your online experience with content and offers tailored to you;
- Provide customer service and support, whether in response to a request or following up on an order;
- Include you in surveys and contests;
- Maintain and improve our Site, improve the manner in which we make offers on our Site, and improve the interactions visitors have with our Site;
- Efficiently maintain our business;
- Enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their websites, viewing their content within our Web environment, or by viewing our content within their Web environment;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others; and
- Comply with applicable law.
Information We Share With Third Parties
We may provide your information that we collect about you in the following ways:
Service Providers: With service providers to perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g. support, consulting, backup, analysis, etc.). We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to maintain the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Other Marketers: With merchants or merchant exchanges, who may, in turn, use your information to send you offers on their products and services. If you do not want your information shared with these merchants and exchanges, please contact Waterway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law Enforcement: We may disclose specific information about our Site visitors if we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary or authorized under the law to protect our customers, the public, or our business.
Legal Rights: We may disclose information to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Sale, Acquisition, Merger, or Other Reorganization: In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including a brand or line of business, or acquire another business entity, or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, consumer information may be shared and may be one of the business assets that is transferred as part of the transaction.
Consent: With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
This Site may also use “cookies” and other technologies to recognize users, customize their experience, or target marketing. A cookie is a small text file that a website’s server places on a user’s computer, mobile phone, or other device.
- Better your experience with the Site;
- Present advertisements, products, and services of interest to you;
- Recognize when you return to the Site;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your needs; and
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions to resolve issues and offer better Site experiences and tools in the future.
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
- Third Party Processors
To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share it with to ensure that it is treated consistent with applicable data security and privacy laws. For example, we use cloud data storage, shipping fulfilment, payment processors, and marketing service providers.
- Do Not Track
This Site does not currently interpret, respond to, or alter its practices when it receives “do not track” signals.
- Links to Other Websites
While you are using the Site, you may be linked or directed to other third-party websites that are beyond our control. This Policy applies solely to Personally Identifiable Information that is acquired by us on the Site. We accept no responsibility or liability for other websites.
6. Privacy of Children
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
7. Reviewing or Updating Your Information or Email Preferences
Reviewing or Updating Your Information
To review and/or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, you may sign in and review or make changes to your information under your account settings, or, if you do not have a Waterway account, you can email us at email@example.com. If you have further questions or concerns about your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
If you make an online purchase, set up an account, or otherwise sign up to receive email, you may receive emails from Waterway. You may unsubscribe from these emails by following the removal instructions located at the bottom of each email. Opting out of any of these emails will not stop operational or transactional email messages such as password reset or account-related information from Waterway. We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we will share your email address with the specific third party in question. Please review their privacy policies to see how they may treat your Personally Identifiable Information.
8. Notice to California Residents
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
We use commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personally Identifiable Information. However, since the Internet is not 100% secure, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any Personally Identifiable Information you transmit to us. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
10. Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns with respect to this Policy, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.