Make your nomination below!
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is Waterway Gas & Wash Company, 727 Goddard Ave., Chesterfield, MO 63005 (the “Sponsor”).
a. Entrant Eligibility. This Road to a Brighter Future Contest (the “Contest”) will accept nominations for a teacher to be honored as one of ten winning teachers. Any individual wishing to nominate a teacher (eligible individuals entering a nomination are referred to as “Entrants”) must be a legal resident of the United States and age 16 or older.
b. Teacher Eligibility. An Entrant may nominate any teacher who (i) teaches in or within 20 miles of one of the following cities: St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Cleveland or Chicago, and (ii) is at least 18 years of age or older. A nominated eligible teacher shall be referred to as a “Nominated Teacher.” Teachers who are directors, officers, employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates are not eligible to win.
3. Entry. Entries will be accepted at any Waterway Carwash location beginning May 1, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ending on May 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s internal business computer will be the official clock of this Contest.
To nominate an eligible teacher for the Contest, an Entrant must submit the Entrant’s name, e-mail address and phone number, as well as the eligible teacher’s name, school, grade level, and e-mail address, together with a description of why the Nominated Teacher is making our future brighter at waterway.com/brighterfuture (an “Entry”). The description should address the points in the Judging Criteria set out below. Each potential entry must include all information requested. Illegible or incomplete entries will be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries received after the Contest Period will not be accepted.
By submitting an Entry, each Entrant (or, in the case of a minor child, the parent or Legal Guardian on behalf of the Entrant) grants to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation by using an Entry for promotional or marketing purposes or otherwise in connection with Sponsor’s social media accounts. Entrant (or, in the case of a minor child, the parent or Legal Guardian on behalf of the Entrant) also grants a waiver and full release relating to the Entry, including without limitation waiving rights of publicity or privacy of Entrant. If requested, Entrant (or, in the case of a minor child, the parent or Legal Guardian on behalf of the Entrant) will sign any documents that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the Entry and all components thereof. By entering, you warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry and all components thereof and that the same will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and you further agree that your Entry and all components thereof conforms to these Official Rules.
Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Contest will result in disqualification. This program is subject to change without notification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries will be void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or obtained through unauthorized channels or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or wellbeing of any Entrant, or if it is determined the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Limit one Entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of limit are void. To be valid, each Entry must provide all information requested. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered.
4. Winner Selection. On or about June 6, 2019, a panel of judges made up of employees of Sponsor who primarily work in areas such as marketing, communications, and/or management (the “Judges”) will use the judging criteria outlined in these Official Rules to select two winning Nominated Teachers from in and around each of the following cities: St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Cleveland and Chicago (each, a “City”) from all eligible Entries received for such City (each such winning Nominated Teacher being a “Winner”) (two Winners per City, for a total of ten Winners). Each Winner will be one of the top two highest scoring Entries for the applicable Cities as determined by the Judges based on the judging criteria. In the event of a tie in selecting a Winner, each Nominated Teacher who has a tying score will split the applicable Prize equally and will each be deemed a co-Winner. Decisions of the Judges, and Sponsor, if applicable, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor a publicity release prior to accepting a Prize as set out in these Official Rules.
5. Judging Criteria. Eligible Entries will be judged and scored based upon the following criteria:
50% – Depth of inspiration and impact the Nominated Teacher had on the Entrant; and
50% – The extent and ways that the Nominated Teacher is making the future better and brighter.
6. Prize. Each Winner will receive $500 paid via VISA gift card and one gift certificate for a 12 month membership in the Circle Level Clean Car Club (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,066.
Restrictions may apply based on VISA gift card terms and conditions and Circle Level Clean Car Club terms and conditions. The Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of a Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The potential Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone at the e-mail address or telephone number provided in the applicable Entry within 72 hours of each Winner being selected. If a potential Winner cannot be reached, does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the Prize, the potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a selected Winner chooses not to accept her Prize, is not in compliance with the rules, or is unable to be notified of winning, such Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected from all of the remaining qualified Entries in such Winner’s City, based on the judging criteria set forth in these Official Rules.
Each potential Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release each within 5 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential Winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate Winner selected by Sponsor from the remaining eligible Entries as described above. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner also grants Sponsor the right to use the Winner’s submission, essay, first name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and online announcements, without further compensation than the said Prize and at no expense to the Winner.
8. Taxes. Each winner understands and agrees that s/he is solely responsible for the use, care and maintenance of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen Prizes. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND BY SPONSOR, AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to complete and submit a W-9 form to receive any Prize. The recipient should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
9. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, a Winner may forfeit any Prize won and an alternate Winner will be selected. Each Entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation or award of any Prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of any Winner(s) or Prize(s). Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Mechanically reproduced or faxed entries are void. Sponsor and any telephone network or service providers are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, human, printing or other errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, inability to access any web site or online service, or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or any other technical or other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this Contest as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this Contest does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and the processing of Entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes, based on the judging criteria, from among all eligible, non-suspect, Entries received for the Contest prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserved the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such Entrant(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Hold Harmless/Release. By participating, each Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waives and releases such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the Contest, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
11. Miscellaneous. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, exclusively before a court located in Missouri having jurisdiction. Entrant and Sponsor hereby agree to WAIVE A JURY TRIAL in all actions and proceedings related to the Contest. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List. To obtain a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Waterway Gas & Wash Company, Attn: Road to a Brighter Future Contest, 727 Goddard Ave., Chesterfield, MO 63005